CSUN Post-Bacc Seeking Full-time/Part-timeResearch Assistant/Coordinator positions.

CSUN Post-Bacc Seeking Full-time/Part-timeResearch Assistant/Coordinator positions.

Andrea010
My name is Andrea Hammond and I am seeking a full-time research associate/coordinator position.

Briefly, my experience as a staff research associate at UCLA’s Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior has given me insight to become an independent and competent researcher. My work involved database management and participant recruitment. I administer test batteries, perform neuropsychological examinations, psychiatric screening, medical screening, collect specimens, administer questionnaires, monitor patients undergoing PET-CT, MRI, fMRI, and DTI, and recruit/screen research participants via phone interviews. I also practice data management using IBM’s Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) (data entry, re-entry). In addition to developing classic assessment skills, I am cultivating skills in other aspects of the research process. I review literature, organize data (i.e. produce graphs and tables), and develop hypotheses for new projects.

I avidly participate in extracurricular academic activity at the SNHP lab including the generation of neuropsychological evaluation reports. My work in the lab resulted in a poster presentation examining the effects of age, HIV, and cumulative adversity on neurocognitive outcomes. Additionally, I co-authored a manuscript describing the effect of marijuana on cognition and neurological integrity. I am currently involved in a number of projects including presentations, manuscript production and coordinating a community focus group.

In addition to research experience, I have gained several opportunities to work with diverse populations. Throughout my undergraduate education, I worked as an intern for an ex-felon reentry program, a peer educator with my university's counseling center, and was an intern for a non-profit specializing in individuals with neurodegenerative ailments.

My research interests include exploring neuropsychological and cognitive outcomes of individuals within sensitive and vulnerable populations (e.g. immigrants, geriatrics, disabled, immune-comprised). Additionally, as an African American woman, I wish to conduct novel investigations of how neurocognitive profiles change cross-culturally.

Please feel free to contact me regarding request for CV/resume, transcripts and references.

Best,
Andrea Hammond
Email: Andrea.Hammond@live.com/andreahammond@mednet.ucla.edu
Phone: 951.966.0377