Full Time Research Coordinator Position - Drexel University
Applicants are being sought for a full-time research coordinator in the Obesity and Eating Disorders Research Program, located within the Department of Psychology at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. The position primarily involves coordinating two grant-funded studies examining the behavioral and biological characteristics of eating disordered women under the direction of Michael Lowe, Ph.D. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in eating disorders research and to be trained in both research and clinical tasks. This position is ideal for individuals who are considering pursing a graduate degree in psychology in the future. This research group is staffed by faculty, post-doctoral fellows, research coordinators, clinical psychology Ph.D. students, and undergraduate students, providing an environment rich in intellectual stimulation and mentorship.
Qualifications: - College graduate with coursework in psychology
- Interest in eating behavior and weight management research
- Very strong organizational, interpersonal, computer and communication skills
- A two-year commitment to the position is preferred
- Start date is May-June, 2017
Responsibilities: - Managing recruitment for two studies
- Scheduling and conducting clinical assessments using a diagnostic eating disorders interview
- Managing data and coordinating data collection
- Maintaining contact and regulatory approvals with NIH and IRB
- Supervising part-time staff
- Assisting with office management and other research activities in the lab
Opportunities also will be available, as desired, for the research coordinator to collaborate in analyzing data and preparing poster presentations or manuscripts related to the projects. Further information about the research lab can be obtained here.
Interested candidates should send 1) cover letter, 2) resume or CV, and 3) contact information for three references to Kirstie Herb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Research Coordinator Application” in the subject line of your email. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials no later than March 1, 2017.