Future Doctoral Applicant Looking for Volunteer Opportunities in Clinical Psychology Research Labs!

Future Doctoral Applicant Looking for Volunteer Opportunities in Clinical Psychology Research Labs!

szvirani
Hello! My name is Sanya Virani and I graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology and Neurobiology from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. Before applying to Clinical Psychology PhD programs, I am looking to get experience working as a research assistant in a Clinical Psychology Lab where I can do an independent project or work on an ongoing project. I have experience working in the Arizona Twin Study lab where I explored early biological and environmental risk and resilience factors for children's later mental health. We used twin studies to disentangle the genetic and environmental contributions on child development. I have also conducted and presented an independent honors study at the Theory of Mind Lab at ASU. My study focused on the possible linkages between children’s understanding of the three-dimensional world and the mental world of perception. Although this research is not directly related to my current interests in clinical child psychology, it has contributed significantly to my research skills. I want to earn my PhD degree in clinical psychology in order to become a licensed child and adolescent psychologist. I am currently interested in working in a research lab that focuses on childhood mental health disorders.

If I seem like a good fit for your lab, please email me and I would love to provide more information about my educational and research backgrounds. Thank you!

My email is sanyazvirani@gmail.com.