Honors College of Florida Biopsychology graduate looking for RA position

Honors College of Florida Biopsychology graduate looking for RA position

olivia.short15
Hello, my name is Olivia Short and I will be graduating from New College of Florida with a concentration in Biopsychology in May, 2017. In April I will defend my senior thesis on utilizing biofeedback in the context of a video game to treat self-reported anxiety, a research project I have been working on for the last academic year. This opportunity has given me excellent experience in formulating research questions and IRB protocol, designing and conducting a study, analyzing data, and writing a publishable research paper. It also allowed me to explore my interests and work closely with accomplished researchers I admire and hope to emulate.

Before New College I worked as a certified nurse aid and have experience with dementia, as well as developmental problems in at-risk youth through volunteering with Children First in Sarasota, Florida. I have served as a TA for Developmental Psychology, and fostered interpersonal skills that make me an enthusiastic and valuable asset to any group I work with. I hope to find a position as a Research Assistant in Biopsychology, Cognitive Psychology, or other fields related to investigating brain-behavior relationships, and am excited to further my knowledge in the field and prepare for graduate school.

I will be available as soon as June 2017, and would be happy to provide you with my resume and references. Please contact me at olivia.short15@ncf.edu or (727) 512-8452. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your consideration.