Part-time Research Assistant Opportunity in Adolescent Health fMRI Lab (Portland, OR)

Part-time Research Assistant Opportunity in Adolescent Health fMRI Lab (Portland, OR)

OHSU TRAC Lab
This post was updated on .
Dr. Sarah Feldstein Ewing’s Translational Research of Adolescent Change (TRAC) Laboratory at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is hiring a part time, hourly Research Assistant I to assist the Project Coordinator with a grant-funded project examining adolescent health risk behavior. The position starts April 1st, 2018, and is anticipated to be approximately 15 hours per week, depending on study needs. This position is heavily geared towards facilitating research participant visits, which involve consenting, standardized neuropsychological testing, administration of questionnaires, and interviews about personal health behaviors (such as substance use and sexual activity). Additional responsibilities may include assisting with MRI scanning, recruitment/community outreach, eligibility screening, updating study databases, data entry and cleaning, interacting with study volunteers, and administrative duties. Detail-oriented, motivated individuals who interface well with the public and work well collaboratively in fast-paced environments are encouraged to apply.

Our lab focuses on understanding how adolescents change their behavior, and how to improve treatments to maximize their behavior change. Concretely, our NIH-funded projects target gaining an understanding of how well adolescents respond to behavioral treatments for high-risk behaviors including drinking, cannabis use, and risky sexual behavior, and related biological factors that may underlie successful (and unsuccessful) treatment response in this age group (e.g., brain structure/function).

Read the position requirements and directions to apply online at the OHSU Jobs website (https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/services/human-resources/). Position # IRC66673.