Research Coordinator Position: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatments
We have an opening at the Center for Veterans Research and Education (CVRE) for a full-time Research Coordinator working on two randomized clinical trials examining psychotherapies for PTSD. The primary aim of the first study (COMPASS) is to determine which of two evidence-based strategies for treating post-traumatic stress disorder is more effective, acceptable and feasible for patients with comorbid substance use disorder: trauma-focused therapy (Prolonged Exposure or Cognitive Processing Therapy) or non-trauma-focused therapy (Present Centered Therapy). Additional study information is available at https://www.pcori.org/research-results/2019/comparative-effectiveness-trauma-focused-and-non-trauma-focused-treatment. The primary aim of the second study (CF-CPT) is to examine impact of a case-formulation adaption of Cognitive Processing Therapy on the functioning and PTSD symptoms of a national sample of Veterans.
Both studies will be conducted at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System within the Center for Care Delivery & Outcomes Research, a VA Health Services Research Center of Innovation. The Center, affiliated with the University of Minnesota Schools of Medicine and Public Health, supports almost 80 funded projects with an annual budget of over $10 million. CVRE is the non-profit research affiliate of the Minneapolis VAHCS.
RESEARCH COORDINATOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage central IRB applications, amendments, annual renewals and adverse event reporting for the Minneapolis VA
• Manage COMPASS day-to-day local site operations and maintain local site files
• Recruit and conduct informed consent for study participants
• Coordinate study participant visits with the local clinical team
• Manage communication and information flow with the coordinating center in Minneapolis
• Design and carry out study assessment protocol
• Conducting Veteran outcomes assessments
• Extract treatment data from VA’s electronic medical record.
• Perform administrative functions for the Principal Investigator including meeting planning, travel planning, setting up conference calls, managing purchases and budgeting, maintaining written correspondence and transcribing memoranda.
• Maintain professional clearances/human studies training in order to be fully qualified to work with sensitive data as promulgated by the IRB, HIPAA, VHA and other regulatory agencies.
• Assist with dissemination activities
• Manage research assistant.
• Masters (MA/MS/MPH) degree in public health, sociology, psychology or related allied health field from an accredited college or university OR a Bachelors (BA/BS) degree in public health, sociology, psychology or related allied health field from an accredited college or university with at least 3 years of research experience, 1 year of which included research coordinator responsibilities.
• Experience coordinating multiple tasks and project elements with differing time lines and completion deadlines---with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, human subjects protection, and federal regulations related to clinical research.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as reference management tools.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Experience recruiting patients for clinical trials
• Experience conducting structured clinical interviews
• Experience with web-based data collection platforms (e.g. Qualtrics)
• Expertise in completing IRB required documentation such as new applications, amendments, annual renewals and adverse event reporting.
• Experience working with Veterans and the VA’s electronic medical record (CPRS).
• Experience in post-traumatic stress disorder, substance use disorder or other serious mental illness research.
• Demonstrated skill in study coordination, project management, or administrative support.
• Starting salary will be $56,879.
• The position is full time and eligible for full CVRE benefits.
• This position is renewable, pending performance review, for up to 30 months.
• Please submit CV and letter of interest by October 23, 2020 to Shannon Kehle-Forbes, PhD at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Position start date is targeted for December 2020.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|