Project Coordinator - VA San Diego Healthcare System
Position: Project Coordinator
This position is located as part of the VA Research Service at the VA San Diego Healthcare System. This position is for a project coordinator on a federally funded clinical research trial that evaluates the use of technology for the administration of evidence- based treatment to couples where one partner has PTSD. This research is underway to determine if this evidence-base treatment remains intact when these services are provided over a video teleconferencing (VTC) modality into a patient/veterans’ home. Specifically, variables such as clinical effectiveness, therapeutic alliance, and satisfaction are being evaluated. Additional benefits to be evaluated include cost savings for both patient and institution. Interested candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and an ability to work well within a research team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include any combination of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for the Clinical Trial.
• Coordinates with P.I. to collect data and write time sensitive research reports.
• Clinically screens and evaluates potential couples for research studies.
• Coordinates initial training meetings, travel, monthly research conference calls, and weekly research meetings.
• Contacts participants to schedule appointments.
• Obtains special permission from VA San Diego Healthcare System to secure CPRS scheduling keys to enable him/her to manage study participant appointments in the VA system.
• Inputs data and works with the project staff in the data management process.
• Oversees data entry staff for quality control purposes
• Records data from samples to ensure that all tracking data is organized and is monitored during the progress of the study.
• Maintains records, prepares project administrative and statistical reports.
• Identifies, designs, and executes logistical and training procedures for prospective study.
• Assists with grant writing or submission procedures.
• Prepare and submit Institutional Review Board materials
• Works well with others and is a team player.
• May perform additional duties as required.
• 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
• Business hours are between 8am and 6pm. The individual may be requested to work some evening hours.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field and at least 6-12 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Administrative and budget experience is preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree (MA/MS) from an accredited university in a related field and a minimum of two years of experience. Ideally, the candidate can commit a minimum of two years to working in the lab.
Full medical benefits included.
Interested Candidates should contact Ulysses Savage at Ulysses.firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Leslie Morland at email@example.com by March 8th at 5pm PST. Please send an updated resume or CV and a cover letter.