Recent Lawrence University BA graduate looking for RA position in Chicago area

Recent Lawrence University BA graduate looking for RA position in Chicago area

CassidySalentine
To all viewing,

I am a recent graduate of Lawrence University with a major in Psychology and two minors (Neuroscience and English). My goal is to earn a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, but before applying I will be taking a gap year. During my gap year, I am interested in working as a research assistant, research coordinator, lab manager, or any related position.

I have been involved in a variety of research projects at Lawrence University over the past 3 years with research topics including nonsuicidal self-injury, the Interpersonal-Psychological Theory of Suicide, minority stress theory, rumination, and mindfulness. I also had the opportunity to work as an Undergraduate Summer Research Assistant at UW Madison. There, I worked for a lab that researched Autism Spectrum Disorder in addition to Alzheimer's among those with Down Syndrome.

By being involved in research labs while an undergraduate, I have been able to present my labs' research at different conferences, including the American Psychological Association convention this summer in San Francisco. I have also co-authored a manuscript that was published in 2018.

In sum, I have experience in the main stages of clinical psychology research (recruitment, data analysis, writing, and presenting), I am flexible working with other people or independently, and I am diligent and passionate about psychology research. Outside of research, I have also worked in clinical settings as an ABA therapist for children with autism spectrum disorder and as an intern in a community-based residential facility for older men with severe mental health disorders

If you are looking to hire someone to work in a research lab and would like to get in touch with me, please comment on this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible!