Recent MSc Graduate Looking for Opportunities in Psychology Research

Recent MSc Graduate Looking for Opportunities in Psychology Research

University of Edinburgh
This post was updated on .
Hello! I recently graduated from the University of Edinburgh with an MSc Psychology of Mental Health (Conversion) degree. I graduated from Bogazici University with BSc Chemical Engineering degree. I know they may seem irrelevant but better late than never right? I am looking for any type of work (voluntary/ paid) as a Research Assistant. I did my Masters dissertation (in the process of publication) on psychopathic traits (callous-unemotional, grandiose-manipulative and impulsive-irresponsible) and alexithymia and their distinct relationships with Facial Emotion Recognition (I used E-Prime, FaceReader and SPSS). My main research interests cover a wide range of topics around psychopathy such as how it is related to emotion recognition, how psychopaths make decisions (mostly vicious ones) or how their brain structures differ from non-psychopaths. Since I come from an engineering background (I did my undergrad thesis on machine learning), I am good with computational tools such as Matlab, SPSS, I had an introductory R course too during masters. I know I am a very fast learner in terms of these skills. I am currently in Edinburgh working as a support practitioner and working with people who have various mental health difficulties (e.g., borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, substance use, abuse history, depression, schizophrenia, dementia), neurodevelopmental conditions or conviction histories. Also, I am working as a research assistant at the University of Edinburgh and conducting a literature review for it right now.

If I seem like a good fit for your lab, please email me and I would love to provide more information about my educational and research backgrounds. Thank you!

My email is meliscetin17@gmail.com