Seeking post-bacc RA position, flexible in location and start date

Seeking post-bacc RA position, flexible in location and start date

jgosali1
Hello,

I am a recent graduate of Binghamton University (B.S. in Integrative Neuroscience) preparing to apply to a PhD program that focuses on affective neuroscience/clinical psychology and neurocognition. I just recently completed my undergraduate curriculum and graduated with magna cum laude, as well as, a member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society. I am looking to gain more research experience and further develop my skill set before applying. I currently reside in Long Island, and am willing to travel to most of the east coast, and great lake region.

I worked in the Mood Disorder Institute at Binghamton University for 2.5 years and was also able to successfully defend my own honors thesis project. In this project I looked at attentional biases in depression, social anxiety, and comorbid depression and social anxiety. Additionally, I examined differences in different types of threat-relevant stimuli related to social anxiety. I have working experience in eye tracking setup and data analysis, EEG/ERP setup and data analysis, life stress coding, the Trier social stress task, questionnaires assessments, and SPSS. I also have had exposure to the SCID interview, R software, and MATLAB.

I am available to work full-time or part-time. I am able to start the position after mid July, and am flexible with start dates. I am most interested in disorders of affect, especially depression and social anxiety, and the influence of social media on them in the adolescent and young adult population. Additionally, I am a health and wellness minor and am interested in how the health sciences (exercise and nutrition) interact with affect, mood disorders, and neuroplasticity.

Please reach out to me directly if you know of any type of opportunity:
jgosali1@binghamton.edu

Thank you,
Jigar Gosalia