UCT MA clinical psychology graduate looking for RA post in NYC/Jersey City Area

UCT MA clinical psychology graduate looking for RA post in NYC/Jersey City Area

UCT_MA_Graduate
Good day,

I trust this post finds you well.

My name is Krystel Assounga and I am a qualified clinical psychologist (MA) recently relocating to the Jersey City, New York from Cape Town South Africa.

A little bit about myself and professional experience. I am a 28 year old US citizen who has lived abroad for the last 20 years. I graduated from the University of Cape Town in South Africa with a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology (cum laude) in 2014.

For the last 3 years, I have been working at a government psychiatric hospital in a low-income settings in Cape Town. My work experience consists of working with various population demographics, child and families, within the intellectual disability field. More recently I was employed in the female acute services for a year working predominantly with psychosis and mood disorders within in-patient and outpatient setting. I have recently qualified and registered with our professional board. My interest lie in women and maternal mental health; global and cultural mental health as well as neurodevelopmental disorders. My reasons for applying for research assistant post are, having qualified in a different context, I wish to better orientate and familiarize myself to the scope of research and practice within the US context as well as gain experience prior to applying for graduate programme in clinical psychology.

Should you have further enquires please do not hesitate to contact me via email on krystel.assounga@hotmail.com. Additionally should you require my CV, including my Bachelors and Masters US course evaluation and references please do not hesitate to enquire.

Thank you for taking the time to review this post and look forward to a favourable response.

Kind Regards,
Krystel ASSOUNGA