UNC-Chapel Hill Senior Looking for Post-bacc Opportunities!

UNC-Chapel Hill Senior Looking for Post-bacc Opportunities!

marissarparker
Hello, my name is Marissa Parker, and I will be graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in May with a B.S. in Psychology and a minor in Neuroscience. Before applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, I am seeking work as a Research Assistant or Research Coordinator. My ultimate career goal is to practice as a Clinical Psychology within a hospital setting specializing with adolescent and pediatric patients.

During my time at UNC-CH, I worked as a research assistant in the UNC Mother Infant Lab for two years conducting cognitive and behavioral research with mother-infant dyads. Previously, in my Research Assistant role, I exercised a calculated and methodical approach to problem solving. I am independently motivated, yet I appreciate team efforts and collaborate productively within groups. Additionally, I am knowledgeable in specimen handling including urine, saliva, and blood as well as database organization with proficiency in data analysis. I am also trained in the Trier Social Stress Test and administering Actiheart software to collect vitals with a specialization in mother-infant dyads. I have also completed and presented original research at UNC's Undergraduate Research Celebration regarding demographics relating to an on-campus resource usage. I am also a Carolina Research Scholar and a Buckley Public Service Scholar. These experiences have helped me develop both my clinical and research competencies, and because of my coursework and professional experiences I am confident that I can significantly contribute to research studies. I can start as early as May 10th.

Areas of psychology/neuroscience I am interested in studying are (but not limited to):
Adolescent Brain Development ● Mother-infant dyads ● Prenatal drug exposure ● Depression in adolescents

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your research projects with you and the contribution I can make to your lab. I have attached my CV to this post and please feel free to contact me for any additional information. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Email: mparke29@live.unc.edu
Phone: 980-938-9659
CV: Marissa_Parker_CV_Jan_2020.pdf