Undergraduate or Post-baccalaureate Internship Position at Center for Anxiety, Brooklyn NY

Undergraduate or Post-baccalaureate Internship Position at Center for Anxiety, Brooklyn NY

centerforanxiety
The Center for Anxiety invites applications for a clinical Intern, starting on or before December 1st, 2017. This position involves a commitment to work in our Brooklyn office for at least 10 hours/week (in two or more shifts) for a minimum of 12 months. This is a volunteers position but a modest travel stipend will be provided. Interns at the Center for Anxiety work in conjunction with our Patient Care Managers to manage telephone and email correspondence with patients, referral sources, and others in a timely and professional manner; conduct telephone screens with prospective patients; and provide information about clinical and other services. In addition, Clinical Interns provide office assistance to maintain the upkeep and management of the office by helping with tasks such as completing forms, data entry, assisting with the promotion and management of hosted events, marketing, and additional office tasks as needed. Opportunities to conduct structured clinical interviews, assist with supervision of children during assessments, and observe group treatment programs, may be available, depending on availability and interest. Candidates must be Juniors, Seniors or recent college graduates, who are highly professional, personable, responsible, well-organized and have excellent communication skills. Applicants should send a letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae and names/contact information of at least two references via email to info@centerforanxiety.org with the caption "Clinical Intern Application - Brooklyn" in the Subject line of the message.

This position will provide unique clinical training opportunities to gain exposure and experience to the field of applied clinical science, as well as mentored professional development, in preparation for the graduate school application process. Over 90% of our BA-level students have been accepted to one (or more) of their top 3 graduate school programs. Full descriptions and application details are below and also on our website: www.centerforanxiety.org